Saturday, October 3, 2009

Updates/ Halloween Swap Preview

Please excuse my lack of posting lately (I promise to be better). I have been extremely busy lately- I can't believe it is already October! In addition to my normal business (work, grad school, writing/grading papers, and very little craft time) I have recently been faced with a new set of challenges, but first a little Halloween Swap preview...


Tiger is quite the model isn't he? :)

On a more serious note...

A little over 3 weeks ago I became dizzy, lost consciousness, and blacked out. I visited my doctor and had a range of tests ordered, one of them being to wear a 24 hour holter (heart) monitor. I fully expected everything to come back normal since I don't experience any sudden change in heartbeats- this wasn't the case. The report showed that I had an episode of 17 beats of Ventricular Tachycardia (a rhythm that can result in sudden death). I was referred to an EP Cardiologist who confirmed the rhythm. Because of my fainting and the potential of sudden death, this is an issue that must be addressed; so in 2 weeks I will go into the hospital for a surgical procedure called VT Ablation. During this procedure the doctor will insert a catheter into a vein in my leg and up to my heart. Once there he will attempt to irritate my heart to recreate and find the problem area. Once the problem is located it will be burned. If all goes well I should go home the next day.

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie ;-) And oh my...I hope the surgery goes well, how scary! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra-

    YIKES! Good luck with your upcoming surgery. This sounds scary to me. I hope all goes well. BTW, Tiger looks great as your model. :)

    ReplyDelete